Sarah Palin to Russia with love, President Trump
Enough with this silliness about former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin taking over the Department of the Interior. That job demands a lot of work, and as Palin proved during her term as chief executive of the 49th state, she’d much rather delegate than work.
Palin is happiest being just a public face. She gave up the job of governor after only two years to exploit the opportunity to become a pol-ebrity in the wake of her failed bid for vice-president.
President-elect Donald Trump needs to find her a job that is more perk than work, say ambassador to Russia.
Look, as Putin rears his head, someone has to keep an eye on him.
Who better than someone with solid, Alaska experience as a Russia watcher? Remember what Palin had to say while a VP candidate in 2008:
Russia, “it’s just right over the border. It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there, they are right next to our state.”
The media elites at Saturday Night Live might have later twisted Palin’s words to make half the country believe she crazily said she could “see Russia from my house,”and indeed her phrasing in that foreign policy interview might have been more than a little odd. But she clearly understood the significance of the US.-Russian relationship.
“It’s very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia,” she said.
Palin clearly gets it, and she and Russian president Vladimir Putin might be the perfect fit. They have so much in common they could well become Vodka-swilling, caribou-shooting buds.
- Palin is a mama grizzly, and Putin likes to ride grizzlies.
- She looks great in fur, and fur is a major Russian industry.
- Palin loves to wear red, and Russians love the color so much they have a “Red Army.”
- Palin and Putin speak the same language – broken English.
- Siberia is just waiting to be discovered as the next nirvana for snowmachine riders, and Palin’s husband, Todd, is a huge snowmachine enthusiast.
- Palin likes to run, and Putin is a fitness fanatic.
- Palin thinks America is becoming a Godless nation, and Putin believes it’s already there.
- Palin would like to fix what she calls the “lamestream media,” and Putin has already done so.
- Putin believes President Barack Obama and other current U.S. leaders of the moment have “mush for brains,” and Palin thinks Obama a “special kind of stupid.”
- And last but not least, Palin and Putin both know how to enjoy a day at the gun range.
Jim, according to this ADN article, Russia can be seen from mainland Alaska – probably on particularly clear days but still…..https://www.adn.com/alaska-travel/article/i-can-see-russia-wales-alaska/2011/05/20/
I must admit I don’t remember the exact quote but Sarah Palin DID say that “there are places in Alaska where you can see Russia.” I’ve never been to Diomede but I do think that it is the ONLY place in Alaska where from which you can see Russia. Nit-picking, I know, but I think it is plenty reason to send her to Moscow. Would Todd go or would he let his wild woman loose on the Russian bear?
and another link showing Russian far east from Alaska at St. Lawrence Is, and Tin City – http://bedejournal.blogspot.com/2014/03/arctic-views.html